Tuesday, November 8, 2011

pucker up and get a handle on it!

Happy Tuesday, did you have a great weekend?
Mine flew by with no crafting so today I 
hopped over to Feline Playful to grab some
challenge inspiration and went to work.
The first challenge to catch my eye was 
Oh my gosh check out this
inspiration piece by Kryssi Ng:
I have more cards than I care to discuss so I created 
a purse style gift bag showcasing Earth Love by Cosmo Cricket, using the
Pucker Up template from 
My Time Made Easy. 
Adding a handle 
gave it a fun twist
as well as made it easier to transport.
I used some pewter brads as accents and 
photo hangers (CTMH)to attach the handle.
(detail image)
The beautiful butterfly is a Spellbinders Die as well
as the window cut and other paper accents.
I cannot remember where I purchased
the 3 square buttons but it feels great knowing
they are almost gone!
The hemp, sentiment and two toned
Terracotta accent paper behind the butterfly is CTMH.
Well that's about it thanks for
stopping by!
Challenges:
Paper Play  Button Up
Crafty Catz  Anything Goes
Crazy4Challenges  Wrap It Up
Creative Inspirations Paint  Anything Goes
Heart 2 Heart  Metal
The Crazy Challenge  Something with wings







19 comments:

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Very creative, looks like lots of work! Beautiful project :)

Juls said...

Hi

I am once again playing catchup in blogland, I have enjoyed checking out your blog to have a look at all that I have missed!

such a fab collection of amazing creations! Hugs Juls

nicoleqmullen said...

What a fantastic project, the bag is adorable, love the colours you used! Thanks so much for playing along with Paperplay this week!!

Mary Pat Siehl said...

so pretty!

~amy~ said...

ooohhh...love the project!!

Melanie said...

Great project! I love the idea on the handle on it. Looks Great!!

Dotty Jo said...

Great take on kryssi's inspiration piece! DJ x

Julie M said...

What a gorgeous take on Kryssie's card, Beth - I love those Earth Love papers (must dig mine out and make something with them) and the additions of butterfly and button are beautiful.

Thanks for joining us on PaperPlay this week.

Julie :o)

Dawnll - Dawn's Craft Place said...

Love your interpretation -great details and fun colors sweetie
So glad you could share with us at
Creative Inspirations Paint

Hazel (Didos) said...

Ah this is super what a great project, thanks for dropping by my blog, Hazelxox

Janette said...

Fabulous creation, thanks for joining us at CraftyCatz this week.xx

Angi @ CokiePop said...

I love the shape of your gift bag. Gorgeous creation.

~Carla said...

This is such an adorable gift bag! The bag IS the gift!!

Thanks for entering it in the Creative Inspirations Paint Challenge this week!

Haley D. said...

Such a sweet gift bag! It almost doesn't matter what you put inside. Thanks for taking the H2H metal challenge!

Cindy Haffner said...

BEAUTIFUL Beth!!~

Kerri said...

Beth, this is STUNNING!!! WOW, I just love everything about it! I need to go make a window card/project now (is that what they're called?) GORGEOUS purse, woman:)

Amy said...

The card is beautiful Beth but that purse is AMAZING! So gorgeous, I'm so impressed by you talented ladies that can make such cool items! Your work is impeccable!

Mary said...

Thanks for playing along with Heart 2 Heart but our rules clearly state that your project must include products from Close to My Heart. I don't believe this qualifies - your link will be removed.

beadz said...

Tiyr gift bag is realy cute! Thank you so much for sharing it with us at the Creative Inspirations Paint Challenge. We hope to see you back next week and good luck!
hugs,
Gini