Friday, September 16, 2011

Fall into Flashback Friday!

Flashback Friday wants to see you first fall themed card
I guess this fits the bill:

brt card

I believe I used the soot technique for this,
 in a nutshell you stamp and ink  onto glossy
paper then you hold over a candle flame
 for the blackening then you take clean stamps 
and remove the soot in the pattern of the stamp.
Don't forget to spray a sealant or the
remaining soot will smudge and get everywhere!
I remember I didn't own glossy card stock
 just photo paper and the heat of the flame
 caused cracking so I salvaged what I could
and used the brads and hemp to cover the seams
from all the cuts I was forced to make.
Wow that was over 4 years ago...

9 comments:

Cibele Glazer said...

Well this has definitely stood the test of time. A beautiful card and a fascinating technique I have yet to try! You are always an inspiration, Beth!!!!

Unknown said...

I totally forgot about the soot technique, thanks for the reminder! And even though you mentioned some issues, this card is still fab with the pieces of c/s you salvaged! Thanks for the inspiration and thanks for joining in with Amy's Flashback!

~amy~ said...

okay, WOW...what a neat technique...it has a wonderful look to it...GREAT colors...THANK YOU soooooo much for linking up to Flashback Friday...we're thrilled that you played along!!!!!

Angi Barrs said...

What a fun technique. Love the gorgeous Fall colors. :)

Kim Dellow said...

Oh fab! What an effective look! What a great flashback! Kim

Marcy said...

Great technique. As always, your cards make me smile!

Els said...

Great card!! Never heard of the technique, thanks for the info! The colors of your card are just gorgeous!! Thanks for taking us back in time!!
Els

~amy~ said...

Happy Friday! I wanted to let you know that I featured your card today on the Flashback Friday blog:)

Juls said...

very stylish!!!! Hugs Juls