Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Methodical...


So this week is VBC here in Palmyra NE. & Beach Party Surfing the Word is our theme. I get to help the wee ones make their crafts which is really fun to watch them work quite methodically. I witnessed several surfboards start off a primary red, yellow, or blue then slowly transform into that purple brown one gets from mixing all the colors. It doesn't bother them however because it's their handiwork, I tried to steer my own son Oscar away from this inevitable ending but to no avail.
I took from the whole experience to come up this card I suppose adding layer upon layer of ink until I got my own desired look of brown. I also used a different approach with the circle template of the Coluzzle it's not just for circles.

4 comments:

judy anderson said...

Beth,
Post all the ones you have on the bb here. And now I am off to scs to refer your site.

Eileen said...

Wow, what a gorgeous card! Very creative. BTW, welcome to Blogville! I'm a new blogger, too! Have fun!

wanda50 said...

Your cards are wonderful. I love the colors.

GlitterEmm said...

You have such great and unique stuff. I expecially like this one, appeals to my colors!
I'm a representative of Art Glitter, if you ever use our products in any of your designs email me and we'll get it up in our gallery with a link to your blog. Keep up the good work!