Saturday, April 18, 2009

Unscripted Sketch Challenge # 2...




Hello all, I hope your Saturday is treating you well! I cannot believe a whole week has flown by so quickly... Well Sharon certainly came up with another terrific sketch this week at Unscripted Sketches , wouldn't you agree!?! The possibilities are endless ans the sky is the limit folks so jump on the creative express and show us your handiwork. I stopped by and saw some amazing creations from those who participated and I'd like to thank Angela, Betty, Susan, Erica, Patricia, Karen, Patti, Sarah, Kelley and Alecia for being the first to get involved, YOU ALL ROCK!
So here is my card for this sketch, more flowers but that's really all I can think about at the moment, I love spring so much! Most of my favorite flowers bloom but once a year, but that is what makes them so majestic, if you snooze you lose...I chose a birthday card because Spring is all about rebirth and it seems all my friends and family have birthdays this time of year. So to all of you who have Birthdays on the horizon here's my Birthday card to you. This is a 6x6 sized card, I love this size, to me that little extra room to work with is great! To create this card I started with my white base and stamped a single style flower around the edge of the card in black ink. The next layer up I cut a 5x5 black matte and topped it with a 3 1/2x 4 7/8 piece of patterned paper then another sheet of plain Tulip card stock about 1 1/2 x 4 7/8 and glued on three flowers to create my own patterned paper. I added ribbon and a few embellishments to this layer as well. The top layer starts of with a black matte which is 3 7/8 x 4 7/8, I added the flip side of the bottom layer of patterned paper, don't you just love it when they create one sheet with 2 sides! I cut out several flowers which I stamped onto the patterned paper, which can be a real time saver.I cut them up and affixed them to the end cap of the card for some dimensionality.I placed a few more flowers on top which I colored in with my kids Crayola Watercolors they are fun to use, on top of the card added a sentiment and a few more dew drops and there you go. Have a terrific day and go forward and make something! BR-T

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Fabulous, as always! Your card is so beautiful! I love everything you post! LOL Great job!

Sandra1968 said...

I completely agree with Steph :-)
And your colours are always so intense. I love that!
Have a nice weekend,
Sandra

Sarah said...

Completely amazing! I wish I had your sense of adventure for color... you just 'see' things differently.
I want outside of the box with you!

Lisa Foster said...

Wow...this is too good! I LOVE it...the color are just breath-taking!!! Fantastic job!

Jenny said...

LOVE your design. Just gorgeous!!

Caryl P said...

Beautiful work as usual! I love all the colors and your take on the sketch.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! I love everything about this.

Robin Gibson said...

LOVE the colors you chose to use here! Those flowers SO Remind me of beautiful blooms from my yard (thanks to DH planting!) Your card is just beautiful Beth!! GREAT sketch too!

Anonymous said...

what a lovely comment you put at my blog, i will really try to do the sketch at unscripted (hope i have time before saturday).
As allways your cards are GREAT!! love the colors!! the make me so happy

Fink said...

Adorable! I love the flowers and the awesome colors

April Hall said...

This is so pretty! I love how it turned out1