Tuesday, August 21, 2012

I wish I could take credit

for what I am about to share with you
but alas it just isn't so!
Several weeks back I was scoping out some new blogs and there was this beautiful butterfly pendant that I fell in love with. The coolest thing was it was created from aluminum cans, die cuts and alcohol inks. It just so happens I have most of the things needed to create this.
 I affixed the butterfly to a piece of slate that I had previously stamped
with flourishes and the word dream.
 I forgot about these watch bits and bobs, so glad I found them as
 it sort of adds some Steampunk flair
 It's rather large so I decided to wear it in my hair as well as my daughter.
My darling daughter just also happens to be wearing a funky skirt I made out of old
 ties. It used to be mine about 20 years so I've altered it several times to ensure she could keep wearing it.
So I just want to say THANK YOU to who ever that  amazing blog that was!
Have a great Thursday
Challenges:
Simon Says Stamp and Show  No Rules anything goes
Allsorts  Heavy Metal
Addicted To Stamps  Recycle Something
The Crafty Pad  Dies and Punches
Little Red Wagon  Upcycle
Creative Inspiration Paint  Anything But a Card
Divas By Design  Anything Goes
The Cheerful Stamp Pad   Steampunk
Dream Valley Challenges  Steampunk
No Matter Which Challenge  Anything Goes


11 comments:

marion said...

Wow that's gorgeous, thanks for joining us at NMWC and good luck. Hugs, Marion

Terry said...

Thank you for sharing your fabulous creation with the DT from Simon Says Stamp and Show, love the butterfly and your colors wowzersss, hugs terry xxxx

rachel said...

absolutely brilliant - I love this so much! And the skirt is genious!!! Wow! Thanks for sharing with us at the crafty pad this week and good luck! Hugs rachel xx

Jenn Borjeson said...

What a gorgeous creation, thank you for entering our Steampunk challenge at The Cheerful Stamp Pad. :)

Tammy said...

Very pretty! I love butterflies!
Thanks for playing along with us at LRW!!

Colleen Dietrich said...

I am VERY impressed with both your projects! YOu have such a knack for crafts! Thanks for joining us at Creative Inspirations Paints. :)

Mummylade said...

Gorgeous creation! Thank you so much for joining our challenge at Allsorts this week and good luck!

Unknown said...

Beautiful creation!! Thanks for joining us at NMW Challenges, I do hope you will join us again for our next challenge. Good luck. Hugz Suzanne

debbi taylor said...

great project
thank you for joining in the challenge at the crafty pad this week
hugs
Debbi x
http://taylor-madecards.blogspot.co.uk/

Sharon said...

The butterfly is absolutely gorgeous.
You are a very talented lady. Thank you for joining us at Diva's by Design. Good luck.
Love Sharon. x

Liz's creative corner said...

Wow wow wow fabulous recycling, love the butterfly and the skirt is awesome, thanks for sharing with us at ATSC, hugs Liz xx