Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Touchy feely...


I love texture, so when I saw Creative Card Crews challenge #4 asking for texture, I knew this was for me! I really had envisioned using lots of embossing folders and such but my card seemed to go in a whole different direction.
This is a common recurrence with me, I am making a card somethings not quite right but rather than nixing my entire effort I usually cut the card in half using it as my focal and going from there.
For this card I used Close To My Heart Stamps and white and Cocoa card stock, the patterned paper is by K & CoMPANY, all the metal embellishments are by We R Memory Keepers and last but not least Liquid Applique a Marvy product.

15 comments:

Sarah said...

Now that is pretty awesome. I love the little swirls, they are so cute.

cazsmum said...

So much going on, but it all works together so beautifully. Brilliant! x

Tiff said...

I just love seeing your work!!! It's very inspiring :)

Jess said...

This card is fabulous! I love those little curly cues and the flipped out sunbeams

Carla Harrah said...

I really like this. I love those curly Q's. Great work!

debb said...

Love this and all it's texture! Love the close up shot to show it's detail- Yummy!

Genevieve said...

Brilliant, love it :)

Just Tracys Crafts said...

That is Amazing the swirls set it off to perfection.

Tracyx

Maria Matter said...

OMGosh, this is like a little piece of artwork!
I love those curly Q's and the colors...just a delightful card!
Well done!
Blessings, Maria

Robin Gibson said...

LOVE the curly-q's! GREAT Touch! Don't you love it when things work out so well, after seeming to 'not come together' quite like you initially envisioned? This is an AMAZING creation!

Lisa Foster said...

Wow! This is so cool! I Love all the texture too! Those curly Q's just ROCK!

Tasha said...

WOWzer what a funky and absolutely gorgeous card love it!
Thanks for joining the Creative Card Crew
love tasha xx

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

Incredible card! I adore your layout. The texture is superb - love the swirly bits poking through the eyelets. Thanks for joining the Creative Card Crew Challenge.
Sharon xx

Paula said...

Oh wow this is stunning wow wow wow love all the texture and the layout is fab. Thankyou for taking part in the Creative Card Crew Challenge.
Paula xxxx

Sue said...

stunning card what a great textured card, brill, sue.x