Saturday, November 6, 2010

Happy Inky Weekends R the Best...

Wouldn't you agree? I just received my new releases from Karen at Your Next Stamp and they are so fun I can't wait to share! The next release will be November 18th so stay tuned!

 I was commissioned to create two Birthday cards for a mom and daughter who have their birthdays on the same, day how cool is that?  The man who commissioned them is a great friend of my husbands so I really wanted these to be special. I came across a Challenge blog Fun With Shapes & More
their challenge is to use Folder Techniques here is the Tutorial page with 4 differenct styles. I just want to say WOW!!!! The cards they showed were amazingly jaw dropping. I knew this was my staring point. The card I am showing today is my last ditch effort to hold onto summer, we have but a few tiny butterflies and moths still lingering though I have no idea how they survive the nights!



 
 
I even stamped some butterflies to finish off the back of this card, this is pretty much a through & through card. I felt every side needed some sort of addressing. I would like to point out a few technical aspects to save you from too much distress. Those 2 small bottom flaps will not lay very nice if you don't score out 2 mm or so from the original fold forming a boxy type flap. This is especially important if you plan on adding dimension inside the card!!!! This is pretty much a 6 x 6 inch card but it doesn't fit in a regular envelope it's way too thick so I am using the seal able clear beans  from clearbags and inserting a 6 x 6 piece of complimenting cs in front and behind the card. I ok'd it with my Post Master.  
Thanks for stopping by and have a fabulously inky weekend!!! Beth
 
Challenge List:
The Crazy Challenge  Pearls & Swirls
Stamp with Fun  All Things That Fly
ABC Challenge  G is For Glitter
Cooking It Up With Katie  Swirls, Texture and a little Black
Creative Cottage  Embossing
AI Factory  Garden Party

 

10 comments:

marsha said...

This is just fabulous Beth! Great design - love your colors!
Hugs,
Marsha

Irena said...

Gorgeous creation.
Thanks for joining us this week in The Crazy Challenge!

Carolyn said...

Absolutely amazing card Beth. I love how you put the sentiment around the butterfly. Great card design. It is perfect for our Hide and Seek Challenge at SSC. Thanks for sharing it with us.
Hugs xx
Carolyn

Doreen said...

This is fabulous Beth,I love it.Thanks for sharing with us at Cooking it up with Katie.xxx

Jeanne said...

This is terrific, Beth! So bright and cheery!

Patti J said...

What a clever card! Beautiful creation! Thank you for joining us at Flutter By Wednesday Challenge! Hope to see you again next week!

Anonymous said...

what a great card! I love the fancy fold and your butterfly! thanks for entering this week at AIF's garden party challenge

Tracy said...

fabulous card love the design and all the detail. Thanks for joining us at The Creative Cottage. Tracy x

Suzie McFloozy said...

Wow what a stunner - great card design and beautiful paper choices x
Thanks for joining in with us at cooking it up with Katie and the creative cottage this week x
((hugs)) Suzie xx

Juls said...

just so gorgeous and creative! Hugs Juls