Tuesday, November 30, 2010

SteamPunk Revival


* The most common historical steampunk settings are the Victorian and Edwardian eras, though some in this "Victorian steampunk" category can go as early as the beginning of the Industrial Revolution  * Wikipedia.) Well the revival is on and no wonder! I got a great set of steampunk digis from The Octopode Factory a few weeks back and have been working on this card ever since. I will be doing a Tips & Tutorial on Button Pizzaz in January. I think sometime they themselves could use a little somethin' somethin' to say "I am button hear me"...hmmm, what would a button say if it could speak?
 OK onto my card using Steampunk Mabel:


Placing that button directly onto her face was a huge leap of faith for me & I love it!!!!
Do you want to know how I created these? Be sure to stop by Saturday Jan.15th for the "know how"!
Tomorrow is my baby Oscar's Birthday he'll be 6!!! So I will be very busy the next 24 hours but I haven't popped by too many blogs lately so I'll try to figure something out! Until then...

Challenge List:
Charisma Cards  One for the Girls 
Cute Card Thursday  Blast From The Past  #110 Make Your Own
Stamp Insanity  Challenge Yourself
Paper Cutz  Anything Goes
Allsorts  Monochromatic
Craft Your Passion  Monochromatic
Simple Doodles  Buttons
Going Grey  Anything Goes
Party Time Tuesday  Anything Goes
Tip Top Tuesday  Anything Goes
Tuesday Throwdown  Embellish it

23 comments:

Random Acts of Krafting said...

How fantastic! This rocks!
Hugs
Tanya

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh how fun!! The embellishing and hardware is so creative and perfect! Awesome work Beth!
hugs,
Chris

~amy~ said...

absolutely fabulous!

Angi Barrs said...

Super creative. Love this:)

~jan said...

I think Mable is wonderful! Terrific style! LOVE the button eye-so cool. Thanks for playing with us at Party Time Tuesdays!

Jess said...

Super cool card, love the image!

Scrappychick said...

oh, Beth, this is totally fabulous! I am in love with Steampunk images, and now I am finding it creeping more into books I read as well...sooo cool! LOVE, love, love the button eye for Mabel!

Dawnll said...

Leave it to you to come up with this card! Excellent Beth.
Thank you for joining us this week at
Craft Your Passion Challenges
Hope you join us each week.

Thank you for joining us this week at
TopTipTuesday

Debbie Bakk said...

You are so- so talented I have seen alot of your layouts on other challenges and design teams- so I was blog hopping to find a new friend to give this Stylish Blogger Award to and I have choosen you- so if you would like to pick it up come over to my blog.
debbiebakk.blogspot.com

Jennifer said...

What a fun card! Love the buttons and hardware! Very Creative!! (=

Rosalien Zwackhalen said...

Cool!! This is all punk. Fabulous card.:)) Thanks for joining us at SISC.

Rosalien

Cindy Haffner said...

WOW this does ROCK!!

Beth said...

LOOOOVE the button! This is SO fabulous!! Awesome job! :) Thoroughly *thankful* that you chose to Challenge Yourself and share your work with us at StampInsanity!! (:

patriziawithaz said...

A super card - so different and so good. Thanks for sharing this with us at MTTCC this week and a hope you join us again soon x

kelly said...

Brilliant card love the use of the buttons.Thanks for joining us at Simpledoodles

Paper Bagley said...

This is too stinkin' cute! Lovin' you personality just my lookin' at your art of your heart.
Tootsie

Patty Tanúz said...

Wow, this card make me smileee hehee Wow!

Emily Leiphart said...

Is this ever fabulous! I love your out-of-the-box thinking, Beth!

scotspanda said...

wow what a fabulous card, the image is funky and I love how you've styled it

thanks for joining in the monochrome fun at allsorts this week and good luck in the prize draw

hugs

Amanda xx

Fern said...

Beth, this is such a fun card!!! Love the button and that hardware is fantastic!!! Hugs!!

Angela said...

oMGoodness Beth fabulous card!!!! love love it!!!

Tip Top said...

Beautiful! Thanks for entering the Simple Doodles Challenge - hope you can join us again next time!

Lesley said...

Great card! Thanks for taking part in the MTTC challenge xx