Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Who's on the Case?

Happy Wednesday! So, are you gearing up for the belly bulge? Bring on the sweats, I need turkey!!! Moving on to fewer calories let's talk about this weeks YNS Challenge (YNS30): We want you to case one of the current design teams creations that's it! Actually, this was the hardest challenge ever for me because trying to pinpoint who I was going to case was a very difficult decision...I wound up closing my eyes and pointing . Maureen you were my pick and here is your super fantastic card using Merry Mouse Eve.



 Isn't this card super duper! Maureen is a shading queen, I love the depth she was able to bring to that cute image.
Now I really struggled to stay on task because my hands have a mind of there own I swear!  So, here is my card using Just Swimming By Mermaid and the recently  released Mini Happy Days Mermaid which, by the way, I couldn't wait to use together:

  

 I hope you can see what I took from her creation to come up with my own  I may need to practice a bit more! I Love that background paper!!!It has to be at least 9 years old, back when I first  created 8 1/2 by 11 layouts. I had no idea I could ever hang onto anything that long...WOW!
OK so it's your turn, so check out the dt creations and have a go! By the way I loved stopping by all your amazing creations for the Yellow,Nesties & Stickles challenge thanks for the great inspiration!

Challenges:
PaperTake Weekly  Cut It Out
A Spoon Full Of Sugar  Anything Goes
Artful Inkables  Punches & or Die Cuts
Simon Says Stamp & Show  Distressing Inks ( I used Ranger Old Paper on all my kraft)
Frosted Designs  Distressing
Daring Cardmakers  3 mermaids




14 comments:

debby4000 said...

Love your gorgeous card Beth.
luv
Debby

Maria Matter said...

Gorgeous mermaid card Beth, love how you arranged the seaweed! very cool!

love the idea of closing your eyes and pointing! lol Maureen's card is adorable!

I'm sooo ready for the belly bulge!
Have a glorious Thanksgiving!
hugs & blessings!

Scrappychick said...

oooo! Love her! Nice to take a break from all the holiday images! The colors are fun and love the texture :)

Helen Dooley said...

Gorgeous cards! I love the little fairy. The mouse is cute too from Maureen. I wish I could hsade. Have a great Turkey day! Im thankful for friends like you!

Random Acts of Krafting said...

Talented you are. The mermaid should be hung on the wall. Love your creative mind Beth.
Hugs
Tanya

Kerri said...

I love those images together!!! So stinkin' cute, girl, and your seaweed/starfish focal point looks FABULOUS! Awesome card and CASE, Beth! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving:)

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a gorgeous mermaid Beth!! Love your coloring and the added details to create a scene!! Fantastic use of the dies and awesome seaweed!! Gorgeous gf!

Happy Thanksgiving!!

hugs,
Chris

Karen (Your Next Stamp) said...

What a fabby idea to use the mini mermaid and JSB mermaid together! I love your card and that seaweed is so FUN!
Hugs
Karen

Emily Leiphart said...

I love your mermaid card, Beth! The colours, weeds, seahorses... it's all perfectly fabulous!

Terry said...

HIya thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and show with your fabulous mermaid card...love the colors and image that you have used....Hugs Terry xxxx

Saskia said...

Great to see your work at Daring Cardmakers! Thanks for joining us!

Greetings, Saskia :)
(guest designer)

Kathy said...

Your mermaids are so sweet. Thanks for sharing it with The Daring Cardmakers

Nancy said...

Cute card!

Thank you for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp & Show challenge!

Crafty Jenn said...

Oh my gosh! This card is soooo cute Beth!! Love all the mermaids, and the seaweed is such a cool effect.

Thank you for stopping by my blog with your great comments. Sorry I don't make it here enough, but I still think about you!

<3 Jenn